Skip to content
- Earthquake Early Warning: Earthquake Early Warning (EEW) is a system that can provide a few to tens of seconds warning prior to ground shaking at a given location.
- MyShake App: MyShake is a free app for Android phones that has the ability to recognize earthquake shaking using the sensors in every smartphone.
- G-larmS: A cooperation between New Mexico Tech and the BSL for the real-time analysis and modeling of surface displacement time series as recorded by GPS.
- Very Broad Band Seismometry: This BSL/Metrozet collaborative project between was aimed at developing a state-of-the-art mechanical sensor for the detection and registration of seismic vibrations.
- Ocean Bottom Seismometry: The Monterey Ocean Bottom Broadband observatory (MOBB) is a collaborative project between the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI) and the BSL.
- Berkeley Moment Tensor Project: The BSL routinely determines moment tensors for events occurring in Central and Northern California, and for notable earthquakes in the western US.
- CIDER (Cooperative Institute for Deep Earth Research): CIDER brings together leading researchers and students from high pressure material science, geodynamics, seismology, geochemistry, and geomagnetism.
- Napa Quake Highlights of some of the research done at the BSL on the South Napa earthquake.
- Historical Seismic Records: Historical seismological records apanning 1887-1992 are available to researchers.
- Seismo Blog: Event-driven seismology blog dedicated to spreading knowledge about earthquakes, seismology and seismic engineering.