EPS 20 assignment:
Earthquake impact assessment
Choose an earthquake scenario for California that would affect you. Prepare an assessment of the impact the scenario would have on you personally. You should include the following three sections (clearly labeled):
1. Immediate impact - during the earthquake
- What would happen to the building(s) you spend most of your time in?
- Estimate the probabilities that you would be injured/killed.
- Do not list your reaction - that was in your preparedness plan.
2. Short-term impact - over the following weeks
- What would be the likely state of the campus and Berkeley?
- What would you do, where would you go?
- When would help arrive?
- What supplies (food/shelter/medical) would be available?
3. Long-term impact
- How would the event be affecting your life after 6 months, 1 year, 2 years?
- Will the university still be shut down, what would be the state of your home town?
Your report should be between 750 and 1000 words in length. Each of the three sections should have at least 250 words. Include a total word count at the end of the document.
You will receive the most credit by showing evidence of independent research. There are many resources available on the web - make use of them! One thousand words is not very much so you will need to write succinctly and focus on the most important points.