- 2019 Summer Program "Volcanoes" - 17th of June - 12th of July, 2019, U.C. Berkeley (CA)
- 2018 Summer Program "Relating geochemical and geophysical heterogeneity in the Earth" - July 9th - August 3rd, 2018, U.C. Santa Barbara (CA)
- 2017 Summer Program "Subduction zone structure and dynamics" - June 26- July 21, 2017, U.C. Berkeley (CA)
- 2016 Summer Program "Flow in the deep Earth" - June 27- Aug 5, 2016, KITP, UC Santa Barbara (CA)
- 2015 Summer Program "Solid Earth Dynamics and Climate --- Mantle Interactions with the Hydrosphere & Carbosphere, U. C. Berkeley (CA)
- 2014 Summer Program "Dynamics of planetary interiors" June 22 - Aug 2, 2014, KITP, UC Santa Barbara (CA)
- 2013 Summer Program "From mantle to crust: continental formation and destruction" July 1 - August 2, 2013, University of California, Berkeley (CA)
- 2012 Summer Program "Deep Time: How did early Earth become our modern world?" July 1 - August 10, 2012, KITP, Santa Barbara (CA)
CIDER is currently supported by the National Science Foundation through CSEDI Program (EAR-1903727) and the GeoPRISMS Program (OCE-2025195). Prior support through the Frontiers of Earth Systems Dynamics (FESD) was under grant number EAR-1135452.
Please acknowledge the CIDER program and this grant in any publication resulting from or inspired by CIDER
CIDER Educational Material
CIDER wikipedia-like pages
CIDER Highschool Teaching
Major disruptions due to COVID-19 have had an unsurprising impact on current and planned CIDER Summer Programs. A previously planned Program on the theme ‘Earth’s evolution as an inhabited world’ has been deferred to the summer of 2022.
A second funded program on ‘Fluid and magma transport at plate boundaries’ has been delayed to the summer of 2023. We look forward to holding these programs as improving conditions make it safe to do so. We expect to have more details on these programs posted on the website by August, 2021.
CIDER Working Groups
- Report on 2015 CIDER working group meeting on Dynamic Topography, held in Boulder CO, April 6-7, 2015
- Publications Inspired by or resulting from CIDER
- CIDER Bibliography, papers related to CIDER topics (not quite up to date).
- Documents past meeting slides and research topics
For more photos see individual Summer Program pages
For questions/suggestions please email us.