Using the Conference Room ProjectorInstruction for using Chromecast below
Using the ceiling mounted projector in the BSL conference room (220 McCone)
- 1) Connect to the "BSLconf" wireless network:
Select the "BSLconf" network and enter the WPA2 password.(If you do not know the username/password, please speak with the party in charge of your group.)
- 2) Download and install EasyMP installer for your OS version:
Accept the default installation options.
Mac version: ftp://ncedc.org/outgoing/bsl/Mac_EasyMP
Epson iProjection Apps are also available for Android and iOS (and Chromebook).
- 3) Power on the projector by pressing the big power button on the back of the projector.(Note: orange LED will turn to solid green in 10 seconds):
- Press power button once to turn on
- To turn off, press power button twice.
- 3b) OR, power on the projector with the built-in remote:
- Connect to the BSLconf wireless network.
- Browse to http://192.168.1.10 and enter the username and password. (If you do not know the username/password, please speak with the party in charge of your group.)
- Click on "Remote Control" and press POWER button.
- To power off, press POWER button again, then, when prompted on projected image, press POWER again.
- 4) Run EasyMP to mirror computer video output to projector (Note: may take 5-15 seconds to display):
- Launch the EasyMP application.
- Select the projector in the check box to the left.
- Click "Connect". Your computer screen should be mirrored by the projector
- Launch the EasyMP application.
If "no projector is found":
- Reboot your computer. (This problem seems to happen with macs.)
- Connect to BSLconf wireless network.
- Run EasyMP with the "advanced" connection option.
- Search for the projector by IP address or projector name, which are both projected on the screen.
If you can't see BSLconf as a wireless network to connect to, there might be something wrong with the router.
- The plug for the wireless router is the block-type plug in the socket next to the projector.
- Unplug the router and then plug it back in.
- Then try again to connect to BSLconf.
Notes: Only presenters should be connected to BSLconf. Non-presenters wishing to connect to the internet should use AirBears.
November 2019: MacOSX Catalina does not support the current version of Epson EasyMP. Chromecast is our workaround until the next EasyMP version comes out, which should be soon.
Instructions from Charley:
Here are the basic steps to use the Chromecast.
- Connect your device (laptop, phone, tablet) to the BSLconf Wireless Network.
- On laptops, open Google Chrome browser and select the 3-dot menu in the upper right corner and choose "Cast".
- In the Cast pop-up, choose "Source" and select "Desktop" or "Tab" as you prefer. Then click on the check bullet next to the "BSLconf projector". It will take a few seconds to begin casting your content to the projector
- When done presenting, select the 3-dot menu, and de-select the check bullet for the projector. When casting ends, the Chromecast device is going to continue to display slides.
To return the projector to the LAN input,, one can connect to the projector's web page in a browser.
- Browse to (get IP, user, and password info from Charley or another user).
- Select the "Web Remote" in the upper left corner.
- In the Web Remote, choose the USB/LAN input icon.
- The screen will then project the IP address, and another user can connect with the traditional Epson EasyMP LAN mode.